Thursday, August 22, 2013

Go In Peace.....

My favorite part of church service is the Benediction. 

Numbers 6:24-26
The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.'

I feel as it is the time that I feel complete.  Everything that was taught that day comes to a close, I'm given peace in the Lord and I'm meant to go reflect and show others through my actions what Christ means to me. 

It is strange how the times in my life that I have questioned my faith or if I even believed there was God, that I had no peace.  I went about my day, moving through my actions but when it came time to close my eyes at the end of the night my heart was not in peace.

These days....I get stressed out, I get wrapped up in what I am doing but I have a peace in my heart that I have never known.  Erin Maynor has a song that has the verse "Decrease me, Increase you."  A year ago I was walking with Christ but I didn't completely grasp the meaning of this verse.  But today it means more than anything and is so well said.  For true peace....I have to focus on the Lord and not on myself.  The number of times I didn't walk with the Lord it was all about me.....This doesn't mean that I don't take care of myself but if I ask and take the Lord's guidance I'm able to have his complete peace in my heart.

The Lord does blesses me and keeps me and you, the Lord's face does shine upon me and you.  He is amazingly gracious in our worst moments. (Grace is a beautiful thing)  When I "Decrease me, Increase" Him, I'm lifted up and given peace.

In what ways have you received peace from the Lord?  Have you shown Grace to other's that He has shown to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment