Friday, October 28, 2011

Take My Own Advice...

So I have been thinking about the loopholes...the holes in the fence.  How far can I stray from God without being vile to myself or others?  With that I have been trying to change that philosophy and move towards how close can I stay to Him.  With this being on my mind, I have been able to notice these short comings and call myself up on things much quicker than the past.  I have never been Catholic....but oh my the guilt.

At the top on my Covey Planner yesterday was a beautiful quote that I feel plays into this week's sermon.  To believe is to be strong.  Doubt cramps energy.  Belief is power. - Frederick William Robertson.  I find my loopholes or search for these holes in the fence come when I don't believe that something will work or get better.  Or I feel that I just can't do something or have a fear.  So like water....I try to find the easiest fix or path.  Which in turn.....can be the wrong path or of sin.  So to be strong...I must believe that these things will work, that I CAN do it and that it will get better. 

Since at every turn when I have any sort of doubt my mind gets cluttered and distracted.  As I have been playing disc golf lately....I find it is the doubt of finishing my putt......can't make the shot cause I have problems sinking the putt.  Seriously, I find God plays a sick joke by bringing this analogy to my mind due to the fact that as my disk glides by it actually hits the basket but doesn't go in.  So in turn I need to get my head in the game and have belief that I will sink the putt.

Get my head in the game and believe that it will get better.  Believe to be stronger and let no doubt interfer with my game.  Life is too short of a game to play half heartedly.  No more doubt and loopholes, pray....and believe.  I know that God will show us the way to making all things work in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment